simple things always make me happy. it is in the simplicity of them where i find the most experiential satisfaction, the most visual pleasure, and the most repeatable enjoyment.
- delicate dappled window light on a rainy overcast day. no makeup clear complexion calm, being yourself in a new situation.
- holding eye contact for more than a glimpse on the street, public transportation, or public space.
- refreshing honey hibiscus tea lemonade with just a bit of ice chips.
- stretching long and tall into a wind at the water’s edge.
- eating messy burgers with two hands.
- picking the slender bones out of steamed fish with lemongrass.
- sighing in the morning long and true right before getting up.
- laughing with friends about the dumbest jokes.
endless, just endless beauty in a simple action, design, experience, situation. we are all masters-in-training and in the meantime, i believe allowing yourself the space to explore, not only releases the anxiety and confusion of attempting to know all things about all things, but creates a living & breathing lifestyle which adapts and shifts positively & accordingly.
sometimes all you need to do is be present, and let the world present its splendor before you as it slowly passes by.